Alexander McQueen's Final Collection

June 20, 2010

I have thoroughly enjoyed the July edition of Vogue USA this weekend, where I have sought refuge from the end-of-semester task of grading papers. Some photos of McQueen's Fall, 2010/Winter 2011 collection in this edition compelled me to find more. . . Fashionising.com proved to be an excellent source of photos taken by Vogue UK. I thought you might enjoy this visual feast too.

I am, like most others, both awed and saddened by these walking works of art. Below are several of my favorites in Alex McQueen's final collection. The first . . . a striking golden-gilded duster jacket made of feathers. The rest are a magnificient study of gold with neutrals and black/gray/white muted folly. Interesting feather Mohawk headpiece, don't you think? I wonder, will gold be replacing silver as the favorite metallic?










There are numerous video tributes to McQueen. . . I was drawn to this one, as it let me relive a magical evening with my man - enthralled with the performance of Giacomo Puccini's Madame Butterfly at London's Royal Albert Hall. . . (I have since forgotten the pain of blisters caused by ill-fitted shoes, but that's another story!)



His artistry and sensitive talent will be greatly missed.


Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment